PRIORITY: STOP EVERYTHING AND LISTEN
EFFECTED USERS: anyone who uses bitcoin.
- What is happening?
- A shockingly simple piece of malware is stealing bitcoin.
- Listen to this carefully, it is easy to defeat, BUT
- YOU MUST ASSUME YOU HAVE THIS MALWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER
- Bitcoin addresses are unique, BUT
- One thing in common: address are usually a string of 26-35 alphanumeric characters, beginning with the number 1 or 3
- when we transact bitcoin, the recipient sends us their 26-35 character address
- No one wants to manually write it, so we call copy and paste it.
- The malware:
- Simply scans you clipboard every time you copy something.
- If not bitcoin #, malware does nothing (YOU DON”T KNOW ITS THERE)
- BUT, if malware sees a string 26-35 alphanumeric characters, beginning with the number 1 or 3, it PASTES a DIFFERENT BITCOIN ADDRESS!!
- If you don’t notice, the hacker will receive your bitcoin
- Malware has been around for “years”
- One person definitely lost 13 Bitcoin(~$35K)
- Unconfirmed reports that about 800 BTC (or about $2.1M)
- THE FIX?
- Manually check every code
- Avoid copy/paste
- slow down during a transaction
- GET THE LIST OF WEBSITES that I mentioned in this video,
- SHOW NOTES
- JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
- Get a FREE COPY of our eBook with TWO CHAPTERS of Digital Habits at: