EFFECTED USERS: Every iPhone, iPad and Macbook Users. Possibly Apple TV and other Apple Users.
Hair of fire 5 of 5
SUMMARY: UPDATE NOW!! Very Serious vulnerability on multiple apple devices
A hacker can control your iPhone, iPad or Macbook.
What to do: Check for updates:
Apple or iPad:
- Settings App.
- Top of third section: tap ‘General”
- Second from top: “Software Updates”
- It Should say: “iOS is up to date.” If not, follow prompts to complete the update.
- Click the Apple icon in the extreme top-left corner (it is always there, unless you are running an app on full screen.
- Click ‘About this Mac, at the top of the drop-down menu
- In the dialogue box that appears, click the button near the bottom-right which says “Software Update”
- You should see the words, “Your Mac is up to date.” If not, follow prompts to complete the update.
According to Apple:
Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.– Apple, Inc. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213414
That’s bad. Remote code execution means that a program running outside of your phone can tell your phone what to do.
Think of it like a castle: tall walls, lots of defenses and a king/queen inside giving orders.
Imposter enters, dressed like the king/queen and starts giving orders, too.
That’s all the time we have!
Don’t forget to check out our sponsor, and home of my day-job: SAFE Classroom, at http://www.thesafe.io
Thanks for listening