EFFECTED USERS: Anyone who communicates online has a smartphone, uses a messaging app, or works.
Hair of fire 4 of 5
SUMMARY: Don’t get fired by getting hacked on a personal .
Typical links in emails are being avoided, so hackers are getting creative. Person devices, and personal accounts have become the new battleground.
- Twilio employee got ‘Smished’ (SMS Phishing) which infected their phone, harvested their credentials, and got access to accounts that the employee uses to do their job
- A Cisco employee Gmail accounts have been compromised to get into a a computer that
- Multiple other attacks based on personal smartphones and messaging apps.
Let’s start with the basics: What are the types of phishing attacks:
- Attached File
- Natural Language
How to mitigate?
- People: don’t click the link
- Process: Go out-of-band and confirm (if you got an email, send a text to that person to confirm)
- Product: Google these search terms: AI, Phishing, Prevention, Zero-trust, Tools, Apps
Get a free voucher for SlashNext! Send an email to email@example.com, and ask our guest, Patrick Harr, for the free voucher he announced on DIY Cyber Guy.
That’s all the time we have!
Don’t forget to check out our sponsor, and home of my day-job: SAFE Classroom, at http://www.thesafe.io
Thanks for listening